Sunday, December 28, 2014

Jumpsuit (of sorts)


I made a new outfit for my work Christmas function and for family get together on Christmas day.  I like the look of the jumpsuit but really wouldn't get a lot of wear out of one.  So I made separates and just pretended.  I tucked the front of the top in and left the back loose to defect the backside view :)

The pants are Stylearc's Lola's pants.  Elastic waist and elastic at the back hem.  I made them up based on my hip measurement without any alterations.  I figured with lose fitting elastic waist pants, can't have too much go wrong?  The fabric is a silk (crepe I think) I bought a few years back in China.

 I didn't add the pockets - no time for that!

The top is another version of the free Marfy 1913.  I constructed it the same as my last post except no hand sewing - I was on a mission..  No time for the elastic hem either!  Luckily the outfit turned out well and I got a lot of compliments.

I've made a few things this year and the next post will be on another Stylearc I made for my daughter's 21st.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous outfit and so much easier to wear than the the whole "suit".

Sharon said...

Great looking jumpsuit which you can have a lot of fun with as separates.

Tany said...

Gorgeous!! Being separates will pay off in versatility! Well done!

Happy New Year, Vicki!!!

Gail said...

I think the faux jumpsuit is a great concept. Not only do you get more versatility from the outfit but it may survive beyond the current jumpsuit fad.

Anonymous said...

Such a great sewing patterns ideas! Very handy to know this and makes so much sense when you think about it.

Milasha said...

Dating agencies are very popular nowadays. Why so widespread? We can get acquainted as our grandparents did but we don’t want that anymore. Perhaps, we are too lazy because modern technologies simplified everything. We start curing ourselves after reading a piece of doubtful advice on the web and we don’t send hand-written letters any longer. Emoticons, smiles, and likes. But why not? Genuine things are simple. california dating